Monday, October 24, 2011

Trips to Asia and Mystery Bruises

I have Asian roots. I've been to Thailand. I practically live in China(town). But, I can't say I've really experienced Asia until a few weeks ago when I ventured into C Mart on Harold St. It was an experience...





It's a good thing I went with my Asian sister, because I would have felt incredible lost (and intimidated). Rani was an impressive Asian - she navigated the aisles, identified great products, and pushed and shoved to the register. But the best thing about C Mart besides feeling like you're in a foreign country is that it's cheap. Dirt cheap.


Enormous container of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. $3.00



Bags and bags of fresh produce. $25.00

Venturing into Chinatown and shopping reminded me 1) I need to get re-in-touch with my Asian roots and 2) Of the many times that my family went the Oriental Mart in State College to stock up on our authentic Ramen Noodles, Rice Vinegar, and Pocky sticks. Good memories!

In other news, not only am I Asian, but I have a mystery bruise. Check it out:



I love mystery bruises. I get them often. I never have a clue where they come from. Pretty awesome. My first law school battle-wound. No big deal.

And apparently, I also have veiny hands. Ga-ross.

More about law school tomorrow. Promises promises. 

2 comments:

  1. YOu loved the Asian market"International Food Mart" it was called in State College. You loved pocky sticks (chocolate) and Rani loved the Strawberry ones. Don't forget the big bags of rice we would buy.
    I bet your bruise came from exercise/yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. veiny hands and mystery bruises are a sign of the early stages of awesome deficiency.

    ReplyDelete